We are seeking a Management Fellow to support our executive staff in daily responsibilities across all departments of our organization. You will be reporting directly to our CEO and providing your awesome organization, management, and research skills. You’re perfect for this position if you love organizing information into excel sheets and accomplish your goals through to-do lists. You rarely miss a detail and are game to do anything from researching event venues to editing baseline surveys for our projects on the ground. Our dream candidate will brainstorm solutions to improve our operations before we even ask. You are also time-efficient and ready for the next item on your to-do list!
(include but are not limited to):
• Research opportunities to grow the organization’s partnerships and visibility.
• Research press contacts and conduct outreach to garner press mentions for the organization’s work.
• Research and build relationships with strategic partners to help the organization achieve its fundraising and visibility goals for various campaigns.
• Input data from handwritten baseline surveys from our project locations and provide in-depth reports on observed trends.
• Organize project information to be submitted to donors for quarterly reports, tear sheets, and more.
(are given responsibilities such as):
• Design management and organization processes for our on-ground team in Africa.
• Organize training materials for our on-ground teams’ workshops on water maintenance, and water system life-cycle budgeting.
• Design and implement evaluation and project management tools that will increase efficient reporting for the US and Africa teams.
What We’re Looking For
• You are willing to undertake any work that needs to be completed. With non-profit management, you must be willing and ready to wear many hats, as needed.
• Candidate must have documented success mastering organization and management tasks.
• You’re a team player. You communicate your thoughts, opinions, and thrive in a team environment.
• You are hardworking, eager to learn, and a natural problem solver.
• You are hands-on and know how to self-direct and are extremely organized.
• You are well spoken and have excellent writing skills.
• You are detail oriented and have great analytical skills.
Tell us why. Please send us your resume with a cover letter expressing your interest, and why you would be a good fit with our organization. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please have 3 references ready. Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
See what our past interns have to say at Internship Testimonials.
Water Collective’s fellowship program is a hands-on learning experience in international development and fundraising. For the right candidate, our fellowship program will be a great opportunity to learn, grow, and challenge his/herself. Our fellows are an integral part of our team with crucial involvement supporting departments of our organization (and possibly running them if you’re up for the challenge!). You’ll also learn a lot about water, project management, and the inner workings of a non-profit organization.
• 3-month fellowship. Invited candidates have the option to extend their fellowship for an additional 3 months.
• Must have a personal laptop to work off of.
• Must be able to work 2-3 days/week out of our Brooklyn office and comfortable working in a fast paced, start-up environment.
THE POSITION IS UNPAID, but can be submitted for school credit or a letter of recommendation.