DIGITAL MEDIA FELLOW
Water Collective is seeking a Digital Media Fellow to support the organization’s content strategy, social media content, and community outreach. You’re perfect for this position if you’re detail oriented, communicative, and are eager to learn the inner-
workings of communications. You are constantly brainstorming new ways to strengthen the ties between a non-profit and its donors, and comfortable brainstorming and executing new ideas. You are as enthusiastic about the social aspects of communications as well as the administrative responsibilities required to create strong strategies.
(include but are not limited to):
• Manage content on all of Water Collective’s social media channels – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and more.
• Coordinate copy development for the organization’s newsletters, social media posts, press releases, website, and more.
• Write press release stories and pitches specific to the organization’s events, campaigns, and mission.
• Increase Water Collective’s audience on its social media channels through targeted posts.
• Research and organize content aligned with Water Collective’s communication strategy.
• Research press prospects and conduct outreach to press contacts.
(are given responsibilities such as):
• Create a communications strategy to reflect the organization’s mission, yearly goals, and long-term vision.
• Design and execute social copy, newsletter copy, website copy, and ad copy for events and major campaigns.
• Design contests, partnerships, and more to increase and engage with the organization’s community.
What We’re Looking For
• You are interested in learning more about communications and are comfortable with administrative work.
• You’re a team player. You communicate your thoughts, opinions, and thrive in a team environment.
• You are hardworking, eager to learn, and a natural problem solver.
• You are hands-on and know how to self-direct and are extremely organized.
• You are well spoken and have excellent writing skills.
• You are detail oriented and have great analytical skills.
Tell us why. Please send us your resume with a cover letter expressing your interest, and why you would be a good fit with our organization. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please have 3 references ready. Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
See what our past interns have to say at Internship Testimonials.
Water Collective’s fellowship program is a hands-on learning experience in international development and fundraising. For the right candidate, our fellowship program will be a great opportunity to learn, grow, and challenge his/herself. Our fellows are an integral part of our team with crucial involvement supporting departments of our organization (and possibly running them if you’re up for the challenge!). You’ll also learn a lot about water, project management, and the inner workings of a non-profit organization.
• 3-month fellowship. Invited candidates have the option to extend their fellowship for an additional 3 months.
• Must have a personal laptop to work off of.
• Must be able to work 2-3 days/week out of our Brooklyn office and comfortable working in a fast paced, start-up environment.
THE POSITION IS UNPAID, but can be submitted for school credit or a letter of recommendation.