Water Collective is seeking a Development Fellow to support its fundraising and related administrative needs. Along with general responsibilities, the fellowship’s focus will be assisting in the management of a worldwide online campaign. You’re perfect for this position if you’re outgoing, love networking, and are eager to learn the inner-workings of fundraising. You are constantly brainstorming new ways to strengthen the ties between a non-profit and its donors, and comfortable asking for donations and in-kind support. You are as enthusiastic about the social aspects of fundraising as the administrative responsibilities required to collect prospects.
(include but are not limited to):
• Coordinate communications and fulfill administrative tasks for online campaigns, events, and school fundraising events.
• Research prospects for online campaign advocates and sponsors, and general fundraising opportunities.
• Assist with donor relations through the organization and design of communication materials.
• Assist with foundation research and related grant research tasks.
• Conduct outreach to garner online campaign sponsors and partners.
• Data entry into our donor database.
(are given responsibilities such as):
• Write first drafts of grant proposals to be submitted to grantmaking foundations.
• Manage relationships with current and future grantmaking foundations.
What We’re Looking For
• You are interested in learning more about fundraising and are comfortable with administrative work.
• You’re a team player. You communicate your thoughts, opinions, and thrive in a team environment.
• You are hardworking, eager to learn, and a natural problem solver.
• You are hands-on and know how to self-direct and are extremely organized.
• You are well spoken and have excellent writing skills.
• You are detail oriented and have great analytical skills.
Tell us why. Please send us your resume with a cover letter expressing your interest, and why you would be a good fit with our organization. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please have 3 references ready. Send your submission to email@example.com
See what our past interns have to say at Internship Testimonials.
Water Collective’s fellowship program is a hands-on learning experience in international development and fundraising. For the right candidate, our fellowship program will be a great opportunity to learn, grow, and challenge his/herself. Our fellows are an integral part of our team with crucial involvement supporting departments of our organization (and possibly running them if you’re up for the challenge!). You’ll also learn a lot about water, project management, and the inner workings of a non-profit organization.
• 3-month fellowship. Invited candidates have the option to extend their fellowship for an additional 3 months.
• Must have a personal laptop to work off of.
• Must be able to work 2-3 days/week out of our Brooklyn office and comfortable working in a fast paced, start-up environment.
THE POSITION IS UNPAID, but can be submitted for school credit or a letter of recommendation.