EVENT PLANNING FELLOW
Water Collective is seeking an Event Planning Fellow to support its fundraising and related administrative needs. Along with general responsibilities, the fellowship's focus will be assisting in the planning and management of our November Gala. You're perfect for this position if you're outgoing, love networking, and are eager to learn the inner-workings of fundraising. You are constantly brainstorming new ways to strengthen the ties between a non-profit and its donors, and comfortable asking for donations and in-kind support. You are as enthusiastic about the social aspects of fundraising as the administrative responsibilities required to collect prospects.
(include but are not limited to):
- Assist our management team in event planning duties such as: sponsorship outreach, press releases, event marketing, and fundraising strategies.
- Research prospects for sponsors and vendors.
- Strategize event layout and design with the Executive team.
- Organize systems and processes for event setup, execution, and breakdown.
- Assist with donor relations through the organization and design of communication materials.
(are given responsibilities such as):
- Assist in the creative brainstorming in the design of the event and execute any promising ideas.
- Write the Event Execution Guide for the Gala.
What We’re Looking For
- You are interested in learning more about fundraising, event planning, and are comfortable with administrative work.
- You're a team player. You communicate your thoughts, opinions, and thrive in a team environment.
- You are hardworking, eager to learn, and a natural problem solver.
- You are hands-on and know how to self-direct and are extremely organized.
- You are well spoken and have excellent writing skills.
- You are detail oriented and have great analytical skills.
Tell us why. Please send us your resume with a cover letter expressing your interest, and why you would be a good fit with our organization. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please have 3 references ready. Send your submission to email@example.com
See what our past interns have to say at Internship Testimonials.
Water Collective’s fellowship program is a hands-on learning experience in international development and fundraising. For the right candidate, our fellowship program will be a great opportunity to learn, grow, and challenge his/herself. Our fellows are an integral part of our team with crucial involvement supporting departments of our organization (and possibly running them if you’re up for the challenge!). You’ll also learn a lot about water, project management, and the inner workings of a non-profit organization.
• 3-month fellowship. Invited candidates have the option to extend their fellowship for an additional 3 months.
• Must have a personal laptop to work off of.
• Must be able to work 2-3 days/week out of our Brooklyn office and comfortable working in a fast paced, start-up environment.
THE POSITION IS UNPAID, but can be submitted for school credit or a letter of recommendation.